Flexcompute, a leading innovator in ultra-fast simulation technology, is seeking a Tidy3D Ambassador based in Japan. Our cutting-edge products, including Tidy3D, are utilized by industry-leading organizations in designing and optimizing highly technical products. Our team, with its roots in Stanford University and MIT, is revolutionizing the billion-dollar engineering simulation industry.
Tidy3D is a next-generation FDTD solver that is widely used for optics & photonics simulations. Because it is built on top of emerging computing chips, Tidy3D allows for a 10-100x speedup and 100-1000x larger models than other solvers on the market. Our customers are reaching their market faster and with higher-performing Photonics Integrated Circuits, and our business is growing fast to support them.
We are expanding our presence in Japan and are looking for a unique individual with a strong technical foundation in photonics and an interest in business development. This role combines technical support and sales, providing a dynamic and challenging opportunity for the right candidate. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated balance between the following job description categories.
Sales and Business Development
- Conduct market research to identify potential customers and create new business opportunities in Japan.
- Prospect and generate leads to ensure a robust pipeline and comprehensive market coverage.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers, effectively communicating Flexcompute’s capabilities and value propositions.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to achieve sales targets and revenue goals.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with customers, maintaining accurate records of those interactions and sales activities in a CRM system.
- Build long-term relationships with customers to encourage repeat business opportunities.
- Attend industry events and conferences to network and generate leads.
Education and Community
- Create documentation and examples related to the solver and develop educational materials for using photonic simulations.
- Support the scientific community including universities and government labs in using Flexcompute technology for cutting-edge research.
Technical Customer Support
- Understand and solve unique EM problems faced by customers, using interviews, literature research, and simulation-based studies.
- Develop technical solutions to help customers succeed.
- Translate customers’ needs into product feature development.
- Provide world-class technical support throughout customer engagement.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a deep understanding of electromagnetism and various EM simulation methods such as the FDTD method.
- Solid experience in photonics design, either in academic or industrial settings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in Japanese and English.
- Strong programming skills in at least one scripting language, preferably Python.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Proven track record in goal-oriented, metrics-based sales and business development.
- Experience in Electronic Design Automation (EDA) or Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) software and services.
- Hands-on experience building or contributing to EM simulation tools.
- Experience selling Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
Flexcompute is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.